I've been watching this meme float around a lot, so I've finally decided to join in the fun! This meme was created by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there is a new list that involves all things books!
top ten bookworm delights
- The new book sound: that crackling sound the spine and cover make when a new book is opened for the first time. sounds like heaven.
- Picking up a new book: the excitement, the anticipation, the "oh my gosh I can't believe I finally got it" feeling - all of it is so worth it when you have that new beauty in your hands.
- Discovering a new favorite author: the feeling you get when you finish a book and realize that you are prepared to empty your wallet at that particular author's feet.
- Realizing that the book you're reading is part of a series: I don't know about you, but I love series more than standalones, so when I find a great first installment in a series, I can't wait to invest all of my time in the rest of the books.
- Reading out loud: I don't usually read out loud, but when my parents leave the house, believe me, I read out the book like I'm in a play. I feel like I have a much more fun time reading out loud, than in my head.
- When you recommend a book to someone and they read it (and love it): it makes me immensely proud when I recommend a book to someone and they go crazy over it. it's even more fun when they constantly update me on their progress and we just talk for hours over the book.
- Finally getting to sit down and read: after a long day at school, then dance rehearsals, then softball practice, all I really wanna do is come home and read. so when I get to lay in bed with a cup of hot chocolate, a good book, and the time to read, I treasure it.
- End pages, maps, spines, etc: if the overall construction of the book is one of pure beauty, I will be delighted. when the color of the book naked is any color but black, I am in love. when the end pages have designs, or when the cover has something carved into it, I am so in love.
- Epilogues: some books don't have epilogues and that's ok, but for the ones that do ... thank you. sometimes when I finish book and I realize there is literally nothing else, I get immensely sad and my mind continues to reel. however when there is an epilogue, I have a bit of a better closure. plus, the epilogue gives you a peek at what's to come later in the series!
- Staying up late to finish a book: when I stay up past midnight to read, you know the book is getting good. I love when a book keeps me up and gets my heart racing at two in the morning, because then you know that book is something special.