Waiting on Wednesday: Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Here is where I share with you my anticipation for upcoming books! This meme belongs to Breaking the Spine and I am super excited to get to participate. Please feel free to comment what books you are looking forward to as well!!




Synopsis: Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price—and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can't pull it off alone...

A convict with a thirst for revenge.

A sharpshooter who can't walk away from a wager.

A runaway with a privileged past.

A spy known as the Wraith.

A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums.

A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes.

Six dangerous outcasts. One impossible heist. Kaz's crew is the only thing that might stand between the world and destruction—if they don't kill each other first. 

This is my very first Waiting on Wednesday meme so I felt the need to start off with my most anticipated book of 2015: Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. 

First off, I just want to give a huge compliment to the cover. It's absolutely beautiful! After devouring the Grisha Trilogy I've been craving more of the Grisha universe and thankfully Leigh Bardugo has decided to reward us all with much more than just the existing Grisha novels. I absolutely fell in love with each character she put her heart into, so I have no doubt in my mind that I will fall in love with the ones in this series. 

Leigh's writing is so easy to be captivated by, which is how I fell so deep into the Grishaverse. You can see the love and compassion she puts into every detail which was why it was such a smooth (well I mean my emotions were like a crazy roller coaster but thats besides the point) read for me. After finishing Ruin and Rising I realized I truly had no meaning in this world and so I just let the story lather all over me. Then finally it hit me that Ruin and Rising was one of the greatest books I had read in a very long time. Even weeks after finishing it I would still constantly think about certain characters or find myself saying random quotes from the series, it was impossible to let them go. This is why I am super excited for this new series to begin! I know it will take me right back onto that emotional roller coaster and I will never get off.

Despite how far away the release is, I was able to satisfy my immediate and dire need for this book by reading the Six of Crows excerpt that was released on Valentines Day (however I am still a bit thirsty). Oh Leigh, why is the release date so far away! 

Six of Crows comes out September 29, 2015. Make sure to mark your calendars folks! This one is definitely a must read!





No comments :

Post a Comment