Waiting on Wednesday: Before She Ignites by Jodi Meadows


Here is where I share with you my anticipation for upcoming books! Breaking the Spine has introduced me to this and I am super excited to get to participate. Please feel free to comment what books you are looking forward to as well!!


Synopsis:  Before

Mira Minkoba is the Hopebearer. Since the day she was born, she’s been told she’s special. Important. Perfect. She’s known across the Fallen Isles not just for her beauty, but for the Mira Treaty named after her, a peace agreement which united the seven islands against their enemies on the mainland.

But Mira has never felt as perfect as everyone says. She counts compulsively. She struggles with crippling anxiety. And she’s far too interested in dragons for a girl of her station.

After

Then Mira discovers an explosive secret that challenges everything she and the Treaty stand for. Betrayed by the very people she spent her life serving, Mira is sentenced to the Pit–the deadliest prison in the Fallen Isles. There, a cruel guard would do anything to discover the secret she would die to protect.

No longer beholden to those who betrayed her, Mira must learn to survive on her own and unearth the dark truths about the Fallen Isles–and herself–before her very world begins to collapse.


I am so excited for this book! I've been waiting a very long time for a book that deals with dragons that actually intrigues me. I've had a very difficult relationship with dragon books in the past and that upsets me a lot, because dragons are freaking awesome. Also, this cover just released and I think it is one of the most gorgeous covers I've ever seen in my whole life. I am so happy that we've finally got the poc cover we've all been dying for. Before She Ignites brings forward a badass, female, poc main character, with illegal dragon trafficking, and a slow burn romance. Slow burn romance!! This sounds like the book everyone will need in their hands when it releases. 

Before She Ignites releases September 26th, 2017!

No comments :

Post a Comment