Romantic Books + Playlists
this post was originally featured on Alex's blog for Fictional Fever Week, but I loved writing up the post so much, I decided to tweak some things and switch out some books so I could share it with all of you here!
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
"As I was saying. He could never use you. You own him. You should've seen the way he was looking at you while you were out"
"Like you're the ocean and he's desperate to drown."
- Mara Dyer and Noah Shaw, aka madness, is my go to couple when people ask me who my favorite OTP is. There is so much dimension to the way these two care for each other. My heart bursts for them. Also, this isn't exactly a romance book, because I remember when I was reading it I was actually scared, but I think the dark themes and mystery of the story really enhance the romantic aspects. You can't help but root for these two to be alright and to end up together, and I just love them. I cannot wait to see what Michelle Hodkin has in store for us in The Shaw Confessions.
The Darkest Minds
"Now, darlin', I just had myself a little thought."
"I did indeed. It being that you are seventeen and I'm eighteen, and we have every damn right to make out like teenagers. Like normal, happy, crazy kids."
- ok rubiam is one of my original otps. I love these two so much. liam loves everything ruby is made and capable of, and she loves him something fierce, and my whole world revolves around these two being in love and happy. their dynamic as a couple makes me extremely happy, because not only do they feed off of each other in terms of strength, but they also allow others to find a feeling of empowerment. together with chubs and zu, I love this cast of characters with my entire heart and soul, and now I really have to reread it.
"His feelings for Adam were an oil spill;
he'd let them over flow and now there wasn't a damn place in the ocean that wouldn't catch fire if he dropped a match."
- my sons Adam Parrish and Ronan Lynch. This was the slowest of all slow burn romances ever, but I am here for it and I love them. Ronan adores Adam so much and will likely do anything to see him smile, and I'm just wrecked. I am beyond happy with how this series ended up and am so excited for us to get our very own Ronan Trilogy. Ronan Lynch is my favorite character ever, so this trilogy will likely be my favorite trilogy ever. Hopefully my boy Adam makes an appearance, or better yet, just tag along for the whole trilogy - that would be quite nice.
A Darker Shade of Magic
"So you confess it, then?" -
He brushed his lips against Rhy's throat.
"That you are mine."
- Alucard Emery and Rhy Maresh - I love them and didn't know I needed them together until it happened, but I've been drowning ever since. I haven't finished AGOS yet, so I don't even know if something terribly horrible happens to either of them, but I only need to read 100 more pages, please bear with me. So far that one little cameo of the two of them is enough to let me know that I need more of it. Hopefully I will finish AGOS in time for A Conjuring of Light to come out (which is right in time for spring break yay!). Anyways, I love these two and really hope they
stay alivehave more scenes together in the next book.
The Love That Split the World
"If we were in the same world, the one where Kincaid was in love with you, I'd still be here. If you wanted me, I'd be here."
"Why?" I ask.
- ok The Love That Split The World is one of my favorite books ever. I love everything about it - the characters, the plot, and especially the writing. Emily Henry has become one of my favorite authors in just the span of one book, but I am already so impressed by everything she does. A Million Junes comes out this year, May 16th, and I will literally move the entire world for this book. I've heard amazing things about it thus far and will only continue to push people to read her books. I love Natalie Cleary and Beau Wilkes - they complement each other so well. Their personalities are incredibly meshy and they're so mushy and ah I love this book.