Waiting on Wednesday: Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller


Here is where I share with you my anticipation for upcoming books! Breaking the Spine has introduced me to this and I am super excited to get to participate. Please feel free to comment what books you are looking forward to as well!!


Synopsis: Sallot Leon is a thief, and a good one at that. But gender fluid Sal wants nothing more than to escape the drudgery of life as a highway robber and get closer to the upper-class―and the nobles who destroyed their home. 

When Sal steals a flyer for an audition to become a member of The Left Hand―the Queen's personal assassins, named after the rings she wears―Sal jumps at the chance to infiltrate the court and get revenge.

But the audition is a fight to the death filled with clever circus acrobats, lethal apothecaries, and vicious ex-soldiers. A childhood as a common criminal hardly prepared Sal for the trials. And as Sal succeeds in the competition, and wins the heart of Elise, an intriguing scribe at court, they start to dream of a new life and a different future, but one that Sal can have only if they survive.

I am so incredibly excited for Mask of Shadows. This book features a gender fluid main character, which, quite frankly, I have never ever read about in a YA novel before (if there are more books featuring gender fluid characters, please let me know in the comments below, I'd love to check them out!). This diversity aspect of the book already has me so freakin stoked, but the synopsis also pitches it as perfect for fans of Sarah J. Maas and Leigh Bardugo. Books that are driven by revenge are honestly my favorite books ever. The passion that drives these characters forward is a force unlike anything you could ever encounter, which makes the book and its story that much more compelling. Also, I love assassins and anything that involves competitions - which I assume is why it is compared to that of SJM. The cover for this book is also wonderfully crafted, I love the intricate design and color scheme. I am ready for this duology to blow me away and potential (probably) crush me.

Mask of Shadows releases September 5th, 2017.

No comments :

Post a Comment