The Halsey Book Tag


I've been a bit obsessed with Halsey's album Badlands for quite some time and I've seen this tag a couple of times (specifically on Lady Knight Reads), so I decided to join in on the fun! 

1) Castle: your favorite queen

Aelin Ashryver Galathynius, Queen of Terrasen --- queen of my heart. The first time I heard Castle I was actually automatically reminded of her, so it's seems only perfect that she's my answer now!

2) Hold Me Down: a series you just can't seem to quite no matter how hard you try

The Selection Series by Kiera Cass! The first two books in this series were not that bad, but then as we got into The One and The Heir, I realized how unnecessary they were - but I can't put them down! They are somehow incredibly intriguing and difficult to put down. 

3) New Americana: the friend group you'd want by your side during the apocalypse

The Black Betty Gang from The Darkest Minds series by Alexandra Bracken! Not only are they incredibly fun, but I think they'd be especially useful when the world is falling apart. Also, considering the amount of turmoil they endure in this series, the apocalypse would be a piece of cake. 

4) Drive: a couple that needs to communicate better

All throughout In The Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken, I wanted to slap Ruby and Liam for not communicating as well as I hoped they would. It was overall frustrating, but the amount of Rubiam scenes I did get made my heart flutter.

5) Hurricane: favorite standalone

Papertowns by John Green. I know some people have problems with this book, but it's one of my favorites and just so happens to be sitting right in front of me, so that must be why I chose it.

6) Roman Holiday: cutest contemporary couple

Eleanor and Park from Rainbow Rowell's Eleanor and Park. I thought the chemistry between these two was incredibly sweet and innocent, and it was just so refreshing from some of the romances featured in books nowadays. 

7) Ghost: most tragic break-up *scroll down if you don't wanna be spoiled!!*

Not entirely sure this counts as a break up, but I'm gonna say J*** and D** from the Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu. This broke my heart into tiny pieces, but the epilogue fixed my heart right back up with disney band-aids.

8) Colors: one of your favorite characters who cause you a lot of pain because of the terrible decisions they make

Adelina Amouteru I'm looking at you. Adelina from The Young Elites is, surprisingly, one of my favorite characters despite her dark soul, but the more we see of her, the more my hurt hearts. She continues down such a dark path, that it almost seems impossible that she'll be able to fix it. 

9) Strange Love: a character people dislike, but you love

Maven Calore from Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard - and that's all you're getting out of me!

10) Coming Down: best sexy time scene

That one clace scene in City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare. Nice one folks, put that down in the record books!


11) Haunting: a book or character you're still thinking about

Pretty sure I've spent 90% of every waking moment since reading The Darkest Minds thinking about Liam Stewart. Other than that, Kaz Brekker you have my heart. 

12) Gasoline: favorite (self-) destructive character

I don't really know one? Maybe you could answer this question for me?

13) Control: best villain

Well considering that I dedicate this song to Adelina, I'm gonna have to make her my answer for the second time. Every time I hear this song I automatically think about Adelina and the amount of crap she and other people, because of her, have to endure. You go girl, be that villain.

14) Young God: characters that secretly worship each other

Dorian and Chaol.

15) Trouble: toxic relationship you ship

The first thing that came to my mind was The Darkling and Alina from Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo, so I'm sticking with it, but really I think Alina should be an independent woman. 

So that was my Halsey book tag and now I challenge you to complete this tag as well! 

5 comments :

  1. I like this tag, there are some really good questions. I think I'll give it a shot. Mind if I leave you a link once it's done?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah!! Leave me the link and I'll check it out :)

      Delete
    2. Here you go! :D http://hermitlibrarian.blogspot.com/2015/11/tag-halsey-tag.html

      Delete
    3. Thanks for joining in the fun guys!

      Delete