BBCP: From Screen To Page



Hello! A while ago, Nori decided to start up a new project entitled the Book Blogger Creativity Project. We've all spent these past few weeks finalizing our project ideas and so I am pleased to now present Team Rose's (The Rose Society) project!

This is Team Rose's From Screen To Page blog post! The objective of this post is to pick a character from a TV show or movie, and relate it back to a book in anyway that you please. The blogger's on this team all chose five characters we will be comparing and contrasting our chosen characters to our chosen books. Without further ado, let's get started!

First, I chose Liam Dunbar from Teen Wolf and The Maze Runner by James Dashner.

The one thing that really sold this duo for me was that, just like the Gladers, Liam Dunbar was very much thrown into an unlikely situation. Liam didn't wish to become a werewolf, as did the Gladers not wish to be sent to the Glade. Despite the circumstances, each had tactful responses in reaction to their challenges. Like Thomas, Liam is very daring and kind, just as he is bold and intelligent.

Second, I chose Iron Man from Avengers and Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo.

Honestly, Tony Stark is so similar to Nikolai, I couldn't help but pair these two together. Tony is snarky and quick witted, not to mention incredibly intelligent, just like Nikolai! Watching these two meet over a cup of coffee and some biscuits would be a wonderful sight to witness - I can already hear the bickering!

Third, I chose Matty McKibben from Awkward and The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey.

When I thought of Matty, I immediately thought of Ben Parish and I guess it's because Matty has that quarterback-ish feel to him. I can imagine Matty and Ben having striking conversations about random girls as they walk down the school hallways together. Always a pleasure dealing with hormonal teenage boys.

Fourth, I chose Riley from Girl Meets World and The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken

I noticed so many parallels between Riley and Zu as soon as I thought up this combo. Besides both of them being young, they're both dealing with changes in their lives. Zu has to cope with much more traumatic experiences, while Riley is merely maturing through middle school, but nevertheless, they are problems. I think if you brought these two together they'd be quick to befriend and help each other, which is something that warms my heart.

Fifth, I chose Bolin from Legend of Korra and City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Bolin reminded me of Jace for some strange reason, but I think it's mainly because they are both so darn vain. While I do agree that both characters have charming personalities, I can't help but think if you were to put them in one room, you'd be suffocated by their egotistical sense of humor. While I'm sure their conceited nature is nothing but a joke, it would be an entirely too wild of a ride for me to handle.

Don't miss the posts from The Rose Society!
Brittany ~ Isha ~ Mariam ~ Melanie ~ Eli ~ Nicole ~ Nori



1 comment :

  1. Hmm I can't say that I've read most of these books or watched the shows that your characters are from but I'll take your word for it! Great post =)

    ReplyDelete