The Disney Princess Tag


Hey guys! Someone made an awesome tag featuring some of our favorite Disney princesses and books, and I really wanted to participate! Kaitlin over at Next Page Please brought this tag to my attention. Here we go!

Snow White - Name your favorite classic
I don't really read classics, but Gulliver's Travels is one of my favorites from the few I have read!

Cinderella - Name a book that kept you reading well past your bed time
I'm pretty sure I stay up well past my bed time for any book ever, but some of the more recent reads that have kept me up include The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken, Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas, and Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo (also HP7 had me up for two days straight I didn't know sleep until I finished it).

Aurora - Name your favorite classic romance
Sigh, once again I don't really read classics, so I don't know what to put here! Instead I'll just mention one of my favorite romance novels and that's Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell.

Ariel - Name a book that's about sacrifices and fighting for your dreams
Harry Potter Harry Potter Harry Potter Harry Potter Harry Potter

Belle - Name a book with a smart and independent female character
June Iparis from the Legend Trilogy! June never failed to be a badass, intelligent, and strong character - after all she's a prodigy!

Jasmine - Name a book with a character who challenged the social conventions of his or her world
The Giver by Lois Lowry. Jonas definitely challenged the social conventions of his world by straight up leaving.

Pocahontas - Name a book whose ending was a roller-coaster of emotions
I'm gonna have to go with Allegiant (sigh) by Veronica Roth and also, City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare. Hopefully I don't need to explain why Allegiant was such a roller-coaster of emotions, but just know that I wanted to fight each character so bad. The TMI crew went through so much trauma, I couldn't believe that even when it was over there was still so much!

Mulan - Name a book with a kick-ass female character
The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas! Not only was Celaena a great kick-ass character, but Nehemia was as well.

Tiana - Name a book featuring a hardworking, self-made character 
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. Tessa is extremely hardworking, making her one of my favorite female characters.

Rapunzel - Name a book that features an artist
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - when Mara draws Noah in her sketchbook ... nice. 

Merida - Name a book that features a mother/daughter relationship 
Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon. We rarely get to read about the parents in YA, so being able to read about Maddy and her mother was very special. They were incredibly close, which made it even more great to read about!

Anna and Elsa - Name a book that features a great relationship between siblings
Well well, it's no surprise that I would mention another book by Cassandra Clare for this one. Alec and Isabelle have a great relationship that is all about trust and watching out for each other.

Hope you all find the incentive to complete this tag, because I tag you to do it! 

4 comments :

  1. Aw Alec and Isabelle do have a really great relationship! They're both so great. I didn't really like the mom in Everything, Everything. Especially that big reveal at the end, lol. I want to do this one! I'd pick I'll Give you The Sun for that one :)

    www.novelsandnecklaces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This tag looks so fun!!! I need to do it!!

    Hey hey!! Just wanted to let you know that I’ve switched the name of my blog from Things Lucy Reads to The Reading Emporium!! I would love if you could re-follow on bloglovin. Here is the link: https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/reading-emporium-14513933
    Thank you so much <3
    -Lucy
    http://thereadingemporium.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really adore sibling stories and I love that you picked Alec and Isabelle! Oh and I read Everything, Everything earlier this month and really liked Maddy's relationship with her mother too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks for all of these! I also agree with you on emotional roller coasters on Allegient. Seriously, I have MANY MANY words and thoughts on that book (not good ones, lol). Alec and Isabelle also are perfect choices, they definitely love each other and also are great friends. Fun post!

    ReplyDelete