The Reading Habits Tag


You certainly learn a lot about a person from their reading habits - so I hope you learn some new things about me from this tag! Thanks for tagging me, Gee!

Do you have a certain place at home for reading? 
Most of the time I read on my bed, but we have a hammock outside that I love swinging and reading on when the weather permits it!

Bookmark or random piece of paper?
I'm not really sure if this counts as a random piece of paper or not, but I usually use concert tickets as my bookmarks. Right now I'm using a concert ticket from my Echosmith concert when I was in LA - it's snug and cozy in my copy of In The Afterlight.

Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a certain chapter/a certain amount of pages? 
During the night I usually try (keyword try) to make it to the end of the chapter that I'm reading, but if I end up too sleepy, I'll just drop the book right then and there. When I'm not sleepy I give myself a page goal, which, by the way, I'm very consistent in keeping up with.

Do you eat or drink while reading?
Yes! I love snacking on fruit or just drinking water - gotta keep myself hydrated (since I'm most likely sweating over something that happened in the book).

Multitasking: music of TV while reading? 
I always listen to music when I read, but if it gets really intense or I get worked up, I'll have to turn the music off and calm down. Sometimes when I'm reading a book at night and things start getting creepy, I'll turn on my TV so I have some company - nothing beats creepy plot twists more than Girl Meets World.

One book at a time or several at once?
I almost never read more than one book at a time. There are situations where I do start a book and get halfway, then start another book and completely forget about the other, if that counts as reading several at a time.

Reading out loud or silently in your head?
I mostly read silently in my head, but there is some dialogue that craves to be read aloud.

Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
Keeping it like new! There are a few exceptions to this rule, however. My paperback copy of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is absolutely destroyed due to the amount of times I've read it. Sometimes even my pure carelessness has made me accidentally break the spine; my copy of City of Bones, for example.

Do you write in your books?
Oh gosh, no. I don't find it particularly pleasing to deface a book by annotating it, but if I really enjoyed a certain section I'll add a little tab to the page! There are these loch ness monster tabs that I really want, because they're absolutely adorable!!

To anyone reading this post, I tag you to complete this tag! If you've already had the chance to complete it, leave your link below! 



1 comment :

  1. Those loch ness monster tabs look amazing and I kind of want the city ones! We had a go at it and the Disney Princess Tag here;
    http://dualreads.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/reading-habits-tag-and-disney-princess.html

    ReplyDelete