Waiting on Wednesday: Passenger by Alexandra Bracken


Here is where I share with you my anticipation for upcoming books! Breaking the Spine has introduced me to this and I am super excited to get to participate. Please feel free to comment what books you are looking forward to as well!!


Synopsis: passage, n. 

i. A brief section of music composed of a series of notes and flourishes.
ii. A journey by water; a voyage
iii. The transition from one place to another, across space and time.

In one devastating night, violin prodigy Etta Spencer loses everything she knows and loves. Thrown into an unfamiliar world by a stranger with a dangerous agenda, Etta is certain of only one thing: she has traveled not just miles, but years from her home. And she's inherited a legacy she knows nothing about from a family whose existence she's never heard of. Until now.

Nicholas Carter is content with his life at sea, free from Ironwoods - a powerful family in the colonies - and the servitude he's known at their hands. But with the arrival of an unusual passenger on his ship comes the insistent pull of the past that he can't escape and the family that won't let him go so easily. Now the Ironwoods are searching for a stolen object of untold value, one they believe only Etta, Nicholas' passenger, can find. In order to protect her, he must ensure she brings it back to them -whether she wants to or not.

Together, Etta and Nicholas embark on a perilous journey across centuries and continents, piecing together clues left behind by the traveler who will do anything to keep the object out of the Ironwoods' grasp. But as they get closer to the truth of their search, and the deadly game the Ironwoods are playing, treacherous forces threaten to separate Etta not only from Nicholas, but from her path home ... forever.

I just finished reading two of the three books in Alexandra Bracken's The Darkest Minds trilogy and all I can do is goggle at her writing style. I'm so engrossed in every word she writes - scenes come to life right before my eyes. With this, I am super excited for the release of Passenger. The plot sounds so promising! I am hoping to get my hands on an ARC of this book during YALLFest, so keep your fingers crossed for me!

Passenger is released January 5th, 2016!

14 comments :

  1. I am so excited for this one too! It was on Netgalley for a little while but I got there too late! I was so disappointed! Good luck at YALLFest! I hope you get it!
    http://dualreads.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/wednesday-catch-up-7th-september-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had known it was on Netgalley sooner! :(

      Delete
  2. Nice pick! I'm looking forward to this one as well, I'm intrigued by the time travel aspect and I love that cover!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited about this one too. I only read The Darkest Minds so far and I absolutely love her writing style. I also really enjoy books with time travel so i have a feeling I'm going to love this one. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't read The Darkest Minds but have heard nothing but great things about it. The cover of the book appeals to me, but i can't quite make out what i think of the plot. It definitely makes me want to know more, great choice.

    Sanna @ Fanciful Fictions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by (and I fully recommend TDM, btw)!

      Delete
  5. YES^^ this was my pick last week and I am just as excited for is as you are :D I have yet to read Bracken's Darkest Minds Trilogy though but I own the first book and I've heard awesome things about it! Eeeep, this is so exciting!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for Passenger! It's currently on my TBR list!

    Happy reading,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, great pick! I can't wait to read this, and I hope we'll both love it. Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my WoW earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any of her books yet but I definitely want to. This one sounds really, really good so maybe I'll make it my first!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love alexandra bracken's writing! she's one of the best out there at the moment. i hope you do get an arc of it :) you could get me one too if you like heh

    great post!

    isha @ two sisters bloggin'

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh, I want this so badly! I'm pretty jealous of everybody's who has it. :) They're doing a cool thing on Netgalley, granting wishes at random instead of approving based on whatever their criteria are, so I keep hoping my "wish" will be granted! Great pick!!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete