Spooky Scary October Books


Since Halloween is coming up soon and October is passing by way too quickly, I've decided to create a list of some spooky books for this season! The books listed below are some of my favorites, as well as some that I have yet to read - but will definitely pick up this October.

*Click each picture to add it to your goodreads!

1. The Accident Season by Moïra Fowley-Doyle



It's the accident season, the same time every year. Bones break, skin tears, bruises bloom.

2. Slasher Girls and Monster Boys - stories selected by April Genevieve Tucholke


From bloody horror to supernatural creatures to unsettling, all-too-possible realism, this collection has something for any reader looking for a thrill.

3. The Shining by Stephen King 


Sometimes human places, create inhuman monsters

4. The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey


 These are the secrets I have kept. This is the trust I never betrayed. But he is dead now and has been for more than forty years, the one who gave me his trust, the one for whom I kept these secrets. The one who saved me ... and the one who cursed me.

5. Nightfall by Jake Halpern and Peter Kujawinski


The dark will bring your worst nightmares to light.

Hope you all have a lovely October!! 

2 comments :

  1. I've always wanted to read The Shining. 1) Because I've never read anything by Stephen King and 2) the movie scared the crap out of me. I actually tried to read The Monstrumologist last month and I ended up DNF'ing. I don't mean that to scare you, though, lol a lot of people love it.

    Sarah @ The Reading Petal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Nightfall yet, but it's coming home with me as soon as my library gets it!

    ReplyDelete