Waiting on Wednesday: The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye


Here is where I share with you my anticipation for upcoming books! Breaking the Spine has introduced me to this and I am super excited to get to participate. Please feel free to comment what books you are looking forward to as well!!


Synopsis: Vika Andreyev can summon the snow and turn ash into gold. Nikolai Karimov can see through walls and conjure bridges out of thin air. They are enchanters - the only two in Russian - and with the Ottoman Empire and the Kazakhs threatening, the Tsar needs a powerful enchanter by his side.  And so, he initiates the Crown's Game, an ancient duel of magical skill - the greatest test an enchanter will ever know. The victor becomes the Imperial Enchanter and the Tsar's most respected adviser. The defeated is sentenced to death.

Raised on tiny Ovchinin Island her whole life, Vika is eager for the chance to show off her talent in the grand capital of Saint Petersburg. But can she kill another enchanter - even when his magic calls to her like nothing else ever has?

For Nikolai, an orphan, the Crown's Game is the chance of a lifetime. But his deadly opponent is a force to be reckoned with - beautiful, whip smart, imaginative - and he can't stop thinking about her. And when Pasha, Nikolai's best friend and heir to the throne also starts to fall for the mysterious enchantress, Nikolai must defeat the girl they both love ... or be killed himself. 

As long-buried secrets emerge, threatening the future of the empire, it becomes dangerously clear ... the Crown's game is not one to lose. 


Doesn't the synopsis sound amazing? I've been waiting long and hard for this release and yet it is still so far! Also, look at that cover! It was released recently and I've been drooling over it. What I find the most intriguing about this novel is that it is a mixture of historical Russia and fantasy. "... star - crossed lovers battle in a lush, magical version of tsarist Russia in 1825." 

Amazing, take my money now. The Crown's Game is published May 17th, 2016

13 comments :

  1. Yup...take my money! I can't wait to read this! It sounds really cool and I love that cover. Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just added this to my tbr list earlier. it sounds interesting but it's that cover that initially attracted me!! XD

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this one but I am definitely going to go pre-order it now! Such a gorgeous cover as well.
    http://dualreads.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/wednesday-catch-up-21st-october-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this book going around a lot today :) I can't wait to check it out (:

    My WoW


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!! This is an AMAZING pick!!!! I have always loved novels about Russia, and got hooked on Leigh Bardugo's Grisha trilogy because I LOVED her combination of Tsarist Russia and fantasy. Now here's another book by another author who's also mixing fantasy and Tsarist Russia!! I MUST get this novel!!!! SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!

    Thanks for putting this on my radar!! Also, thanks for dropping by and commenting on my WOW!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. How could I forget to mention that cover? It's GORGEOUS!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds so amazing! And I keep hearing about it too. Awesome pick!!

    Christina @ Books & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great minds think alike! Thanks so much for stopping by Bibliophilia, Please! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This sounds like a must-read to me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like that it's set in Russia. That's awesome! I hadn't heard of this one - so thanks for sharing. I LOVE the cover. It's cool that the city is a crown.

    -lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not only does the synopsis sound amazing, but that cover.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhhhhh this book looks so good. I really like the cover but honestly, it's not my most favorite. I don't mind it though! Super excited to read about the historical aspects of it. Thanks for sharing and if you read this book, do enjoy! :D

    ~Kaitlin @ Next Page Please!

    ReplyDelete